||JACKSONVILLE | ST. AUGUSTINE | PONTE VEDRA BEACH|
|NŪ AGE REALTY||
7035 PHILLIPS HWY., SUITE 19
JACKSONVILLE, FL 32216
Relocation Outline for Jacksonville, Florida
We have a relocation packet available that we can mail to you. In addition, we have put together a mini-outline guide to help you during the big move to our great city. You may find it helpful since Jacksonville comprises a huge area of land.
Florida is located on the northeastern coast of Florida covering nearly all of Duval County. Jacksonville's population is over 635,000 people and growing every day. Jacksonville is one of Florida's most historic communities going back to the 1800’s. Today Jacksonville is a modern city with a wide variety of outdoor activities, sports and entertainment. An NFL football team, tennis, sailing, golf, hunting and a variety of water sports can be enjoyed in our communities. World famous entertainment, restaurants, cultural foundations and museums can be found. From out in the country, to white sandy beaches, to modern day standards of living you'll find it all in our great city, Jacksonville. If this is not enough the city of St. Augustine is close by and Orlando, Florida is only a couple of hours away.
Relocating quick outline
۩ City information
The Jacksonville Chamber of Commerce extends a warm, Florida-style welcome to anyone planning to visit — or relocate to — their abundantly sunny city. This surprisingly deep site will fill you in on everything from education and economics to fun in the sun, local neighborhoods, shopping and school populations. This is a must see site for anyone planning to relocate to the Jacksonville area. Many thanks to the Jacksonville Chamber for keeping us all informed!
۩ Excite's Jacksonville City Guide
Travel to Excite's Jacksonville Guide site for a great source for information on the local climate, population, weather and more. For quick facts and a multitude of links to resources ranging from Jacksonville's leading tourist attractions to breaking news and community services, you'll get Excited about Jacksonville!
۩ The City of Jacksonville Home Page
Come home to Jacksonville with this rich resource. You'll find local business directories, government listings and even online zoning laws and construction permit information! Whether your interests run toward crime statistics, business opportunities or volunteerism, if it's in Jacksonville, you're likely to find a link here! City, business and visitor information abound, so don't hesitate to click on over to this informative site. Whether you're looking for a job, directions or a local professional, this site puts it on the Jacksonville virtual map!
۩ Jacksonville Entertainment Guide
The ultimate entertainment directory for kids of all ages! Visit the Swell Jacksonville Entertainment Guides for Food and Wine Connoisseurs, Music from Blues to Classical, onstage Events (Theater, Comedy and Musical) and more! Take the I-95 north to Nassau County and Amelia Island, or head south to Point Vedra Beach as you become familiar with the incomparable beauty of the Florida landscape, then visit the plentiful shops and eateries that line Atlantic Boulevard and the A1A! Swing by this compelling site on the road to Florida, because Jacksonville.com would like to provide the road map and the FUN!
۩ Ticketmaster™ Jacksonville’s Event Guide
Do you feel like taking in a concert, a ball game or an evening of theater? Explore the entertainment, theaters and events of Jacksonville — and all of Florida — then secure ticketing and venue information without leaving the comfort of your living room. TicketmasterTM will connect you to Florida concerts, performances, sporting events and fun!
۩ Education and Schools
These are only some samples of the local schools found in Jacksonville. For more exhaustive information visit our page that facilitates the research of Jacksonville and surrounding area public schools, private schools, community colleges and universities.
1. Duval County Public Schools - Welcome to the Duval County Public School Web Site. Ten Duval County Schools Awarded SUCCEED Grants - Second most in State. In addition, commissioner Winn has identified three Duval County schools as state leaders in academic improvement. Joseph Finegan, Ft. Caroline Elementary, and Wayman Academy charter school are among 100 schools honored for the highest increases in total points for school grades, when compared to last year.
2. Jacksonville University - Welcome to Jacksonville University! JU combines the advantages of a liberal arts college with the strengths of a comprehensive urban university.
3. University of North Florida - UNF values its role as a community resource. Whether it's bringing national and international experts to campus to discuss the issues impacting our lives or providing a venue for the swinging sounds of contemporary jazz, the University continues to enrich the intellectual, cultural and recreational lives of people in Northeast Florida.
4. Florida Coastal School of Law - FCSL’s course of study is calibrated to the demands that the legal profession will impose upon our graduates. In addition, our students are interacted with as learning partners because we have a long tradition of student centeredness. At our law school the challenge of learning is undertaken in a supportive learning environment.
5. Elementary and Secondary Education school report - This unique site provides a report card detailing the attendance rates and academic effectiveness of Jacksonville's schools (elementary through high school). The School Match Study provides a school-by-school report, based upon a number of evaluation criterion and an independent evaluation of the Duvall County School System. To learn more about your new school, visit the Internet sites of schools within the St. John's School District.
6. Florida Department of Education - High school students, college students, parents, and even counselors can use the services provided on this website to help plan and track educational progress in Florida!
۩ Employment Resources
1. At Yahoo Hot Jobs You can search for jobs across the internet. you can search for jobs for free by industry, by location, and by job category.
2. Career Shop Jacksonville offers services and tools to assist with an online job search, including job postings, a place to upload resumes, and job fair information.
3. At Monster jobs you can search for jobs, apply instantly for jobs, and post your resume in any field and in any state. At Monster Jobs you apply online for jobs, have jobs emailed to you, it very easy to let employers find you. You can search in your neighborhood or across the nation and get all the advice, articles and tools you need to manage your career.
۩ Merchant Coupons
You threw away all the perishables, the flammables, the corrosives, the opened bottles, the detergents and now you will have to buy them again when you settle in the new city. Visit these sites and find discount coupons not only for household items but also for services.
you can choose as many coupons as you wish and click the "print
selected" button on the last page. You can find coupons for services or
products by search via zip code.
are web pages that you print and bring to your local merchants to save
money. Browse our growing list of free local coupons to see all the
3. Hotcoupons.com is H.O.T! As Coupons go this is the leader online coupon provider for consumers. Plainly speaking, H.O.T! Coupons is your online source of great neighborhood values and discounts on products and services.
Since 1989, NetQuote® has provided consumers with a free, simple, and effective way to fulfill their insurance shopping needs.
۩ Moving and Storage
1. As easy as 1-2-3 get a Free Moving Quote from 123relocation.com. Fill out our free, no obligation form and save up to 65% on your move!
3. UHAUL offers moving service and products for those individuals interested in “doing yourself” moves. At UHAUL you will find moving vehicles and the tools needed for the task.
4. Budget Trucks offers moving trucks and tools necessary for the move.
5. Door to Door storage: You pack it up. We pick it up! Order boxes and shipping supplies and more.
۩ Real estate
2. Find Agents
۩ Apartment and Rentals
1. Chamber of Commerce Visitor Bureau and nation wide directory where you will find great information on relocating to your new home and city.
2. Looking for the perfect apartment home, but unsure of where to begin? Leasing Jacksonville, in Jacksonville, Florida has the perfect solution to your Jacksonville apartment hunting needs. They offer a free apartment locating service.
3. Finding apartment rentals at Rent.com is fast, easy and free. Search from more than 1.5 million apartment listings. They also offer free roommate search. Get $100.00 when reporting a lease found at Rent.com.
۩ Home Inspection
1. Jacksonville Florida home inspection services. Professional home inspectors serving North Florida and Orlando Florida areas.
2. First choice building inspections. On this webpage you will find Other Home, Building & Real Estate Inspectors In Jacksonville, Florida.
۩ Mortgage Financing
123Homeloans.net is a generous site that offers a mortgage tool box, advice and helpful links.
۩ Custom home builders
Florida Home Builders: Locate the Web sites of established new home builders displaying their homes, floor plans and communities.
۩ Travel and Tourism
1. At hotels-rates.com you can find a motel or hotel in Jacksonville that meets your requirements and book it online.
2. DiningGuide.network is a comprehensive listing of most, if not all, of Jacksonville's restaurants and bars. This is the “directory of restaurants, reviews and dining guide for metropolitan Jacksonville”.
3. The Jacksonville Business Journal is the business journal serving Northeast Florida and Jacksonville.
4. VisitFlorida.com is the official travel and tourism web site for the state of Fl.
1. The Jacksonville Airport System is a diversified airport system that serves the commercial, business and recreational aviation needs of the City of Jacksonville, Northeast Florida and Southeast Georgia (the Community).
2. The Jacksonville Port Authority (JAXPORT) is an international trade seaport in Northeast Florida. JAXPORT has multiple Cargo terminals capable of handling container, automobile, bulk, break-bulk and refrigerated cargoes, as well as cruise passenger service.
۩ News and Weather
1. To get the news on line visit Jacksonville.com and get the news, sports, weather, classifieds and more.
2. With The Florida Times put your digital finger on the pulse of Jacksonville sports, entertainment, culture, business and more with this virtual scout of local news and events.
3. Get a Five Day Weather Forecast for Jacksonville, Florida. You can find out if it's time to apply more sunscreen (or suntan lotion!) with Five-day, satellite, radar and even sunburn level forecasting. If you need to know the current sunrise and sunset hours, moon phases or marine weather, then this site will provide the weather-related answers that you seek. You'll even peruse pollen maps! Comprehensive weather reporting just doesn't get much more thorough than this! From the beaches to the everglades, it's all right here, courtesy of our friends at the Times-Union and Jacksonville.com.
4. Tune in to IntelliCast Jacksonville for an illustrated four-day forecast, radar and satellite reports, UV index, NEXRAD reporting and precipitation levels. You may not hear a cyclone twisting its way through the Southeast, but if your browser is equipped with the popular RealAudio™ plug-in you'll listen to a local weather forecast.
This site or employees are not responsible for any loss or loss injury claim, liability or damage related to your use of this website and outbound links. In addition, we are not affiliated and are not responsible for any site (for their actions, products or services) that are linking into our out off this site. Sites suggested in our outline are for information only.
Copyright © 2006 NŪ-Age Real Estate Inc. All Rights Reserved. Page protected by COPYSCAPE do not copy